Amazon Associates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone here used Amazon Associates on their sites? I've used it in the past with my old blog and I did make a little bit of spending money from it, but I never was able to get much money from it. I can blame that on me not putting much effort into getting my site out there.

For my future site, I plan to have an Amazon Associates on there at some point.

Do you guys like using this affiliate network?
Has anyone here used Amazon Associates on their sites? I've used it in the past with my old blog and I did make a little bit of spending money from it, but I never was able to get much money from it. I can blame that on me not putting much effort into getting my site out there.

For my future site, I plan to have an Amazon Associates on there at some point.

Do you guys like using this affiliate network?
I think somebody makes money on Amazon, but I tried and failed miserably :-) I simply think the commission is too low and you have to attract an insane number of visitors yourself to make any money. I still make more on afilliate marketing where the commissions are considerably higher. 6% on a 6$ book on Amazon is nothing compared to 70% on a 20 dollar ebook from Clickbank.
I think somebody makes money on Amazon, but I tried and failed miserably :-) I simply think the commission is too low and you have to attract an insane number of visitors yourself to make any money. I still make more on afilliate marketing where the commissions are considerably higher. 6% on a 6$ book on Amazon is nothing compared to 70% on a 20 dollar ebook from Clickbank.
(12-18-2013, 02:44 AM)Claire Walker Wrote: I think somebody makes money on Amazon, but I tried and failed miserably :-) I simply think the commission is too low and you have to attract an insane number of visitors yourself to make any money. I still make more on afilliate marketing where the commissions are considerably higher. 6% on a 6$ book on Amazon is nothing compared to 70% on a 20 dollar ebook from Clickbank.

This is true. The way I made my first earnings was by posting an ad for a Nintendo DS for my niece on my sister's Facebook, and she purchased it through my link. Made a percentage back from that including some other things she purchased while using my link.

I didn't make much when I had it on my site. I really think the best method of making any money from it, would be to tweet links and post links on facebook in order to make some money. Especially do this around major Holidays and sales.
(12-18-2013, 02:44 AM)Claire Walker Wrote: I think somebody makes money on Amazon, but I tried and failed miserably :-) I simply think the commission is too low and you have to attract an insane number of visitors yourself to make any money. I still make more on afilliate marketing where the commissions are considerably higher. 6% on a 6$ book on Amazon is nothing compared to 70% on a 20 dollar ebook from Clickbank.

This is true. The way I made my first earnings was by posting an ad for a Nintendo DS for my niece on my sister's Facebook, and she purchased it through my link. Made a percentage back from that including some other things she purchased while using my link.

I didn't make much when I had it on my site. I really think the best method of making any money from it, would be to tweet links and post links on facebook in order to make some money. Especially do this around major Holidays and sales.
I think that Amazom might work if you are able to drive tons of traffic to your offer. Amazon does not help much in getting visitors to you other than those already are poking around on Amazon.
I think that Amazom might work if you are able to drive tons of traffic to your offer. Amazon does not help much in getting visitors to you other than those already are poking around on Amazon.
Yup. On Amazon you pretty much has to bring your own traffic. Unless you can tap into that who already are there, but that means tuff competition.
Yup. On Amazon you pretty much has to bring your own traffic. Unless you can tap into that who already are there, but that means tuff competition.
Well I managed to make about $2 but there is a loooooong way before they write the check...
Well I managed to make about $2 but there is a loooooong way before they write the check...
Never tried it, WIll check it out soon.
Never tried it, WIll check it out soon.
Plenty of people are making good money with affiliate marketing from amazon. MOst affiliates are great if you have good traffic to provide.
Plenty of people are making good money with affiliate marketing from amazon. MOst affiliates are great if you have good traffic to provide.
You have to bring traffic your self to Amazom. You could as well do a number of other things with that traffic.
You have to bring traffic your self to Amazom. You could as well do a number of other things with that traffic.
It's all about getting the traffic. You can put your amazon associates ads on your site, share affiliate links on social media, and that can help out. Sad thing is, it's not easy to earn anything. If you have a twitter account that has thousands or millions of followers, you may be able to get a decent earning here and there. I would just advertise your affiliate link like crazy in the hopes someone will be interested in grabbing up something. Wink
It's all about getting the traffic. You can put your amazon associates ads on your site, share affiliate links on social media, and that can help out. Sad thing is, it's not easy to earn anything. If you have a twitter account that has thousands or millions of followers, you may be able to get a decent earning here and there. I would just advertise your affiliate link like crazy in the hopes someone will be interested in grabbing up something. Wink