If Twitter raised character count

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Twitter raised their character count from 140 characters to something higher? I think 200 characters would be a nice amount to have, what do you think? Is that too much for a site like twitter, or could it work? I know there's twitlonger, which lets you post a longer message, it just links users to the longer post.

Would you welcome a raise in the character count? How much would you want?
What if Twitter raised their character count from 140 characters to something higher? I think 200 characters would be a nice amount to have, what do you think? Is that too much for a site like twitter, or could it work? I know there's twitlonger, which lets you post a longer message, it just links users to the longer post.

Would you welcome a raise in the character count? How much would you want?
I think it works properly the way it already is. I don't see a point in actually adding in more characters to the limit. I guess it could be cool and all, but what would it really serve? Plus you have to realize how much the 140 character limit is and adding to that will probably mess with the way the site works. It's hard to say though.
I think it works properly the way it already is. I don't see a point in actually adding in more characters to the limit. I guess it could be cool and all, but what would it really serve? Plus you have to realize how much the 140 character limit is and adding to that will probably mess with the way the site works. It's hard to say though.
I don't think they will ever do it. The reason it's limited to 140, is because Twitter is just for small status messages. It isn't meant to post stories or anything major. You say what you're eating or what cool thing you're doing, then you get re-tweets and so on. It's not meant to be a serious site or something.
I don't think they will ever do it. The reason it's limited to 140, is because Twitter is just for small status messages. It isn't meant to post stories or anything major. You say what you're eating or what cool thing you're doing, then you get re-tweets and so on. It's not meant to be a serious site or something.
The idea for the site was for status updates that were short and right to the point. The point was never to make it a soapbox or some way to write a story to people. It was meant to do quick statuses. And people ran with that and are happy with it.
The idea for the site was for status updates that were short and right to the point. The point was never to make it a soapbox or some way to write a story to people. It was meant to do quick statuses. And people ran with that and are happy with it.
For sure Steven. I never got why people wanted to tell whole life stories on the site. I've seen people use twitlonger for that, and it's okay to do and all, but it doesn't appeal to me. I look mainly for news and to chat with friends. It's like a social chat messenger. Big Grin
For sure Steven. I never got why people wanted to tell whole life stories on the site. I've seen people use twitlonger for that, and it's okay to do and all, but it doesn't appeal to me. I look mainly for news and to chat with friends. It's like a social chat messenger. Big Grin
Not even a little bit of a character count? Maybe like to 200 or so? I think more would suit the site better, especially when it's been losing some popularity as of late. Maybe a little more can be useful to it.
Not even a little bit of a character count? Maybe like to 200 or so? I think more would suit the site better, especially when it's been losing some popularity as of late. Maybe a little more can be useful to it.