Spam bots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More than half the traffic on TWO is from bots and as long as it is from search engines it is ok :-) but about half that traffic is from spambots who try to register an account and post garbage on the forum.

Those people who buy access to an automated forum/blog signup to get backlinks are not that different from you and I. They are just trying to make a living. Unfortunately it seems that they are not aware that this short term strategy has a lot of consequences for the website owner and ultimately they ruin their own business by going for short term results.

I once had a small forum that ran pretty well but suddenly one night I had 75.000 users registered and 75.000 posts and threads posted! All about getting a bigger "you know what" and medication to do it. It took a very long time to clean it up and I might have deleted some real users in the process...

The thing is that Google does not value backlinks as they once did and Google is not that stupid that they can't see what backlinks on a seo forum that goes to "Get a longer ...." sites are. Google also know it is a problem so of course these specific links does not do anything good.

But of course it might create some traffic and some customers if a person with low self esteem reads such a forum post.

I personally like to get backlinks but I WILL make them my self so I can control where they are, the quality and the anchor text. Why should I post 5.000 posts in irrellevant blogs/forums to get backlinks and in the process create a lot of grief for other Admins who has to clean up every time someone is doing that?

I simply hate idiots who steal my time doing automated posts which ruins my blogs or forums!

When I see this in my Who's online list I know that it is a spam bot:

IP: 199.30.80.125 [lookup] 01:55 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.103 [lookup] 01:55 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.106 [lookup] 01:54 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.101 [lookup] 01:53 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.97 [lookup] 01:53 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.96 [lookup] 01:53 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.115 [lookup]

Look at the IP address and the time. It is the same spambot!

Have you got the ethics to respect other peoples business and keep away from stuff like this?
"Down here, I make the rules".
"Down here, I make the threads".
"Down here, I'm God!"

GreenLytica.com - Web design and Search Engine Optimization
More than half the traffic on TWO is from bots and as long as it is from search engines it is ok :-) but about half that traffic is from spambots who try to register an account and post garbage on the forum.

Those people who buy access to an automated forum/blog signup to get backlinks are not that different from you and I. They are just trying to make a living. Unfortunately it seems that they are not aware that this short term strategy has a lot of consequences for the website owner and ultimately they ruin their own business by going for short term results.

I once had a small forum that ran pretty well but suddenly one night I had 75.000 users registered and 75.000 posts and threads posted! All about getting a bigger "you know what" and medication to do it. It took a very long time to clean it up and I might have deleted some real users in the process...

The thing is that Google does not value backlinks as they once did and Google is not that stupid that they can't see what backlinks on a seo forum that goes to "Get a longer ...." sites are. Google also know it is a problem so of course these specific links does not do anything good.

But of course it might create some traffic and some customers if a person with low self esteem reads such a forum post.

I personally like to get backlinks but I WILL make them my self so I can control where they are, the quality and the anchor text. Why should I post 5.000 posts in irrellevant blogs/forums to get backlinks and in the process create a lot of grief for other Admins who has to clean up every time someone is doing that?

I simply hate idiots who steal my time doing automated posts which ruins my blogs or forums!

When I see this in my Who's online list I know that it is a spam bot:

IP: 199.30.80.125 [lookup] 01:55 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.103 [lookup] 01:55 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.106 [lookup] 01:54 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.101 [lookup] 01:53 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.97 [lookup] 01:53 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.96 [lookup] 01:53 AM Total WordPress Optimization - Search Engine Optimization Main Index
IP: 199.30.80.115 [lookup]

Look at the IP address and the time. It is the same spambot!

Have you got the ethics to respect other peoples business and keep away from stuff like this?
"Down here, I'm God!"

I once tried to run a forum but I simply couldn't keep all that automated spam away. It killed the forum and I gave up...
I was the first man on the moon - 7 days before Armstrong!
I once tried to run a forum but I simply couldn't keep all that automated spam away. It killed the forum and I gave up...
I was the first man on the moon - 7 days before Armstrong!
It should be illegal!!!
It should be illegal!!!
Isn't it illegal? I mean if it hurts sites, wouldn't it be illegal? I'll have to look that up. Anyways, I know how you feel. I too had a forum years ago, before I started running sites and blogs. It was just a free forum, but I remember getting nothing but spam bots and such. I would ban the culprit, but it's easier said than done.
Isn't it illegal? I mean if it hurts sites, wouldn't it be illegal? I'll have to look that up. Anyways, I know how you feel. I too had a forum years ago, before I started running sites and blogs. It was just a free forum, but I remember getting nothing but spam bots and such. I would ban the culprit, but it's easier said than done.
It is illegal in many countries, but it is very hard to find spammers and scammer on the other side of the globe. They can pretty much do what they want... Banning those butt heads is a full time job.
"Down here, I'm God!"

It is illegal in many countries, but it is very hard to find spammers and scammer on the other side of the globe. They can pretty much do what they want... Banning those butt heads is a full time job.
"Down here, I'm God!"