Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Templates in Photoshop
shiloh Online

Likes Given: 0
Templates in Photoshop
Is there anyone here who is using Photoshop to make templates? If yes, how are you doing that and if you have some ebooks or tips for beginners, that would be nice. Smile

[Image: aG9zXgX_460sa.gif]

There is no shortcut to a dream.
My Skype: Minewals

12-11-2013 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Marry Online

RE: Templates in Photoshop
I usually make download from Google or have my friend made that. Design always is a difficult work, especially with webmasters Smile
12-11-2013 07:28 PM
David Online
Administrator

Likes Given: 2
It is not easy to create a template! When you have created your design in Photoshop you need to convert that to php, html and css. DreamWeaver would be perfect for that, but you need to know exactly which php files to create and to do this you have to know pretty much about php programming.

The files you need to create are listed here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

In my opinnion it would be easier to use a theme builder. It could be this one: http://headwaythemes.com/

You could still use Photoshop to create the graphic elements and import them to Headway. This way you dont need to know anything about programming.

www.DenRigtigeMand.dkwww.TheMasculineMan.comwww.Rezonanz.dk
12-11-2013 10:05 PM
semata Online

(12-11-2013 10:05 PM)David Wrote:  It is not easy to create a template! When you have created your design in Photoshop you need to convert that to php, html and css. DreamWeaver would be perfect for that, but you need to know exactly which php files to create and to do this you have to know pretty much about php programming.

The files you need to create are listed here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

In my opinnion it would be easier to use a theme builder. It could be this one: http://headwaythemes.com/

You could still use Photoshop to create the graphic elements and import them to Headway. This way you dont need to know anything about programming.

You are right. Photoshop is used in template development just in layouting process. It is for designer. After the process it is time for the programmer to code as what is designed. And it is not in photoshop but code editor such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Notepad ++, Sublime Text etc.
12-13-2013 04:28 AM
Christine Online

I've made a couple templates with GIMP, but they aren't that good. I know it can be done in PS, I just choose not to spend that much money on a photo editing program.
02-22-2014 06:54 AM
Jonzz Online

I think designing a template in photoshop from scratch requires serious skills that you have to learn beforehand. But if you can invest the time and get yourself such skills, they would be completely useful when designing an awesome webpage.
11-21-2016 11:53 AM