Why is college so expensive

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, I'm currently attending college and I absolutely hate the fact that it's so costly. Why can't college be like it is in general k-12 schools? I just feel wasting this much money is pointless. What do you guys think? Does college cost too much, or is it about right?
Okay, I'm currently attending college and I absolutely hate the fact that it's so costly. Why can't college be like it is in general k-12 schools? I just feel wasting this much money is pointless. What do you guys think? Does college cost too much, or is it about right?
I'm in my first year of college and I already have to pay around $20,000 by the end of my college career, by the end it'll be around $80,000. That's a lot of money. I am not sure I will be attending next year as I don't know if college is even right for me. I'm doing great, but when it comes to math, I'm just lost. And my major requires math credits. Anyways, I fear that I will end up quitting by the end of this semester.

I just feel as if I wont be able to find the right job by the end of 4 years.
I'm in my first year of college and I already have to pay around $20,000 by the end of my college career, by the end it'll be around $80,000. That's a lot of money. I am not sure I will be attending next year as I don't know if college is even right for me. I'm doing great, but when it comes to math, I'm just lost. And my major requires math credits. Anyways, I fear that I will end up quitting by the end of this semester.

I just feel as if I wont be able to find the right job by the end of 4 years.
Listen mack, I think anyone can be successful even if thy don't go to college, you can start a business of your own. The world is very different now from what it was 30 years ago. College degrees mean nothing in most markets now a days.
Listen mack, I think anyone can be successful even if thy don't go to college, you can start a business of your own. The world is very different now from what it was 30 years ago. College degrees mean nothing in most markets now a days.
I agree with chris and derek here. If you want to get a degree then do it, but don't feel like that is the only option you have to earn good money in life.
I agree with chris and derek here. If you want to get a degree then do it, but don't feel like that is the only option you have to earn good money in life.
I know some many people with a degree and no job but plenty of debt to show for it. truly a terrible thing to see.
I know some many people with a degree and no job but plenty of debt to show for it. truly a terrible thing to see.
Get into debt and you are forced to work like hell...
Get into debt and you are forced to work like hell...
College will be obsolote as we know it in less than 20 years. All stuying will be done with online teachers and very few people will attend actual instalations for learning purposes. It will reduce costs and teacher will still get employed for online classes.
College will be obsolote as we know it in less than 20 years. All stuying will be done with online teachers and very few people will attend actual instalations for learning purposes. It will reduce costs and teacher will still get employed for online classes.
Yeah, I decided to drop out of college myself about two years ago. I realized I wasn't going to learn anything of any use and even if I did go through for 4-6 years, I would end up at a job I probably would have gotten if I didn't attend college. I don't know what you want to do with your life, but college is hard, and most people who do graduate, don't tend to have anything going for them afterwards. I'm not condoning quitting, but if you feel you can find another way of making money, I suggest you go that route and see where it brings you.
Yeah, I decided to drop out of college myself about two years ago. I realized I wasn't going to learn anything of any use and even if I did go through for 4-6 years, I would end up at a job I probably would have gotten if I didn't attend college. I don't know what you want to do with your life, but college is hard, and most people who do graduate, don't tend to have anything going for them afterwards. I'm not condoning quitting, but if you feel you can find another way of making money, I suggest you go that route and see where it brings you.
I attended college for a semester, but after doing research and finding out that no one really gets the job they want, I decided to drop out as well. People can be successful in the business they choose after college, but it usually comes down to whomever has the social prowess and the technical skills. I figure I'd have an easier time finding something I like doing instead of college.
I attended college for a semester, but after doing research and finding out that no one really gets the job they want, I decided to drop out as well. People can be successful in the business they choose after college, but it usually comes down to whomever has the social prowess and the technical skills. I figure I'd have an easier time finding something I like doing instead of college.
Indeed amyone can now make money without a degree. As long as you have knowledge of your trade you can do it. The good thing us that you gat get this knowledge without going to an institution now.
Indeed amyone can now make money without a degree. As long as you have knowledge of your trade you can do it. The good thing us that you gat get this knowledge without going to an institution now.