Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
cPanel
shiloh Online

Likes Given: 0
cPanel

What do you guys know about cPanel? I would really appreciate some input from anyone who have used it or still using it. Keep in mind that I'm a beginner and I have a lot to learn, so would it work for me and would it be easy for me to use it?

[Image: aG9zXgX_460sa.gif]

There is no shortcut to a dream.
My Skype: Minewals

12-10-2013 02:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
semata Online

RE: cPanel
Here's the definition I got from Wikipedia : "cPanel is a Unix based web hosting control panel that provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site."
Not All web hosting support cPanel. Great hosting such as Hostgator and Bluehost have cPanel for easy site installation. On that process we do not need to upload any script because CMSs such as Joomla, MyBB, Wordpress etc have already available.
12-13-2013 04:34 AM
Marry Online

cPanel is one of the most popular and widely-used control panels. It’s quite complete and allows a business to manage and maintain nearly all aspects of server operation. The basics, such as email and file hosting, are handled with ease. Web statistics are part of the package. “Site builder” feature, which helps to automate the building of a website and populating it with content, is among the most powerful available. The “Fantastico” package allows one-click installation of popular software packages, such as blogs, forums, and merchandise catalogs. Going a little deeper, domain name server (DNS) management is also available.
12-19-2013 11:47 AM
admin Offline
Administrator

Likes Given: 1
I actually don't like it. I find it too complex and I normally use a lot of time searching for things. I found a webhost with a much, much easier ControlPanel - not cPanel and I must admit I am saving hours using their control panel compared to previous hosting who had cPanel. My web host does not use icons - only menus and they are extremely logical. I can find what ever I want to find in a matter of seconds because of an intelligent build menu structure. I can do exactly the same things as in cPanel - just faster!

www.totalwordpressoptimization.comMandekursus
12-21-2013 01:41 AM
milksheikh Online

Cpanel si what most people use, I use cpanel alot, it is a really good builder.
01-20-2014 03:50 AM
Brad Offline

Most hosts have similar cpanls nowbut some are still very confusing to beginners.
02-09-2014 05:03 AM