Total WordPress Optimization • Search Engine Optimization • WordPress & SEO • WordPress security • PPC • Psychology • WordPress Design • WordPress Installation

Full Version: Where to save Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If the images accompany a specific posting: one of the new features in WordPress 2.0 is that you can upload images directly from the Post and Page editing screens. WP will store them in a directory structure yyyy/mm under WP-content/uploads, e.g. WP-content/uploads/2006/01/myimage.png.
If the images are part of a theme then I'd suggest WP-content/themes/theme-name/images
Exactly!

Though I still have a nasty habit of creating www.mysite.com/wp-images where I upload images. This is just an old habit from the good old WordPress days with out Media Uploader :-) I must stop that!
Hasn't this always been in Wordpress? i'm not sure but i'm pretty convinced it has.
Im not quite sure, but I think I remember a long time ago there was no Media uploader.
(12-13-2013, 11:03 AM)JohnnySEO Wrote: [ -> ]Im not quite sure, but I think I remember a long time ago there was no Media uploader.

Ahh now I remember. It was much harder to upload images/videos and when it was first introduced, I was quite happy.
Really usefull thing, I also stored them on server but its great that I can automaticaly store them directly on WP!
I think they changed it to be much easier to use by now. You can just attach a picture to your post and its done.