Having high res photos help with SEO?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, does having high resolution photos on your site help with SEO? Some people I know only have a portfolio of pictures on their site, most of which are high res photography, and I was wondering, if there's no content, will pictures be enough? What do you think?
Okay, does having high resolution photos on your site help with SEO? Some people I know only have a portfolio of pictures on their site, most of which are high res photography, and I was wondering, if there's no content, will pictures be enough? What do you think?
Only if it is nice photos. Large photos can even be bad seo if they take too long to load. The thing that helps in regards to SEO is image compression (maybe even thumbnails) and correct image tags.
I was the first man on the moon - 7 days before Armstrong!
Only if it is nice photos. Large photos can even be bad seo if they take too long to load. The thing that helps in regards to SEO is image compression (maybe even thumbnails) and correct image tags.
I was the first man on the moon - 7 days before Armstrong!
An image with image tags is pretty good for the Google time being. But text wouldn't hurt...

Always remember at least one image or video pr. page!
An image with image tags is pretty good for the Google time being. But text wouldn't hurt...

Always remember at least one image or video pr. page!
I think it helps to have quality content, and pictures and video would come into that. I agree with David to at least have some text. When I post a blog post, I don't just have a picture or video, I explain what the picture or video is and talk about it. It creates more sustainability in your content. That's how I see it anyways.
I think it helps to have quality content, and pictures and video would come into that. I agree with David to at least have some text. When I post a blog post, I don't just have a picture or video, I explain what the picture or video is and talk about it. It creates more sustainability in your content. That's how I see it anyways.
Quality images work great in helping a site. We're in the day and age where high res is powerful. I see a grainy image and I can just guess how many people will dislike the photo. But when you show a high res picture of nearly anything, people will be happy. High quality helps for sure.
Quality images work great in helping a site. We're in the day and age where high res is powerful. I see a grainy image and I can just guess how many people will dislike the photo. But when you show a high res picture of nearly anything, people will be happy. High quality helps for sure.
Adding appropriate ALT tags to the images on your website can help your website achieve better rankings in the search engines by associating keywords with the images. But if the images are high resolution and take forever to load you run the risk of losing your visitors plus taking a hit with Google.
Adding appropriate ALT tags to the images on your website can help your website achieve better rankings in the search engines by associating keywords with the images. But if the images are high resolution and take forever to load you run the risk of losing your visitors plus taking a hit with Google.
Hi-Res Photos are all good and well, but if they take a long time to load for people with slower Internet connections, that it might not be a good idea to use them on your site.
Hi-Res Photos are all good and well, but if they take a long time to load for people with slower Internet connections, that it might not be a good idea to use them on your site.