Are security plugins that good?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Less security plugins is better than more.

http://www.wpishacked.com/blog/dont-inst...gins-read/
Less security plugins is better than more.

http://www.wpishacked.com/blog/dont-inst...gins-read/
Well I think it comes down to the fact that if there's more than one security/antivirus program, app etc. It usually competes with one another. It's like on PCs when everyone suggests not to have Norton and some other antivirus program. I think one gets the job done. As for on a site, especially a wordpress site, there's a lot of security plugins out there, but having more than one could probably just cause more problems.

But yeah, I like to not have any security plugins, but if you must, just go with one like the article says.
Well I think it comes down to the fact that if there's more than one security/antivirus program, app etc. It usually competes with one another. It's like on PCs when everyone suggests not to have Norton and some other antivirus program. I think one gets the job done. As for on a site, especially a wordpress site, there's a lot of security plugins out there, but having more than one could probably just cause more problems.

But yeah, I like to not have any security plugins, but if you must, just go with one like the article says.
I never really thought about this to be honest. Normally I always have one plugin for security, and I have had problems because of it. But I like to think that it helps in some ways. I might take my plugin off and see if it changes anything. I'm just paranoid that my site would get hacked or someone will spam it like crazy. I'm probably too paranoid.
I never really thought about this to be honest. Normally I always have one plugin for security, and I have had problems because of it. But I like to think that it helps in some ways. I might take my plugin off and see if it changes anything. I'm just paranoid that my site would get hacked or someone will spam it like crazy. I'm probably too paranoid.
I think WordPress is very secure as it is. I have never personally seen a WP site that was compromised. Many vulnerabilities comes from plugins. But hackers get clever and clever so some kind of improved security wouldnt hurt.
I think WordPress is very secure as it is. I have never personally seen a WP site that was compromised. Many vulnerabilities comes from plugins. But hackers get clever and clever so some kind of improved security wouldnt hurt.
(04-04-2014, 05:04 PM)Krantz Wrote: I think WordPress is very secure as it is. I have never personally seen a WP site that was compromised. Many vulnerabilities comes from plugins. But hackers get clever and clever so some kind of improved security wouldnt hurt.

Yeah I totally agree. Wordpress always seemed secure enough for me, I never had a problem with a virus or any kind of hijacking. Plus, with those plugins, they're usually not made by the group at wordpress anyways, so why use it if it's not them dishing it out?
(04-04-2014, 05:04 PM)Krantz Wrote: I think WordPress is very secure as it is. I have never personally seen a WP site that was compromised. Many vulnerabilities comes from plugins. But hackers get clever and clever so some kind of improved security wouldnt hurt.

Yeah I totally agree. Wordpress always seemed secure enough for me, I never had a problem with a virus or any kind of hijacking. Plus, with those plugins, they're usually not made by the group at wordpress anyways, so why use it if it's not them dishing it out?
WordPress sites get attacked all the time because there are so many out there. I install two plugins for security, Wordfence and Limit Login Attempts. That is really all you need, nothing else. My Limit Login gets tested a lot by people trying to get in with random logins. It locks out people on a daily basis. You never know how much people are trying to attack your site until you put something like this in.
WordPress sites get attacked all the time because there are so many out there. I install two plugins for security, Wordfence and Limit Login Attempts. That is really all you need, nothing else. My Limit Login gets tested a lot by people trying to get in with random logins. It locks out people on a daily basis. You never know how much people are trying to attack your site until you put something like this in.
Maybe the WordPress seems secure but who knows when someone will attack, and my opinion is that everything can get hacked. I like to be sure and that's why I use plug-ins. It can't hurt for sure!
But, I use two of them so now you got me thinking should I get rid of one of them :/
Maybe the WordPress seems secure but who knows when someone will attack, and my opinion is that everything can get hacked. I like to be sure and that's why I use plug-ins. It can't hurt for sure!
But, I use two of them so now you got me thinking should I get rid of one of them :/