Total WordPress Optimization • Search Engine Optimization • WordPress & SEO • WordPress security • PPC • Psychology • WordPress Design • WordPress Installation

Full Version: Could I ask to use images?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there's a chance I could just ask to use images on my site by the photo owner. I've done it before, but is it still risky to do it this way? I don't really like stock images so I've considered just asking people if I can use their images. I of course attribute their ownership under said pictures.
Yeah of course you can. If you find the author/owner of an image and you want to use it, you can ask them for permission. Don't use it unless they allow you to though. I used to take pictures and just source them and there was one time where someone requested I take the image off my site, to which I did.
It never hurts to ask someone. A lot of amateur photographers are more than happy to have their image show up somewhere. What I would do as a precaution is ask them to send you an email that says they give you permission. This way you at least have some proof you talked to them in case something comes up.
Exactly! Get it in writing. I use a lot of models and I always require them to sign a model release which means I can use the images to what ever I want.
You an do that for sure. But if you need to add images to your website fast, I think using a good stock photo is the better option.