Total WordPress Optimization • Search Engine Optimization • WordPress & SEO • WordPress security • PPC • Psychology • WordPress Design • WordPress Installation

Full Version: Has facebook gone too far with the ads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now I keep getting suggested ads all the time and this is obviously based on the kind of things I search for but it'shappeninh too often now. Anyone esle experencing this?
It does seem to grow more and more intrusive with time.
Facebook peaked in 2010 and is going downhill since then. Maybe not in popularity but in user privacy certainly.
I have always dislike the FB interface but now it has become terrible due to timeline changes and more intrusive ads. I completely agree.
It's weird, because ads for me, don't really bug me. Or maybe it's because I have adblock plus and never have to worry about the whole ad problems on Facebook. I know what a bigger problem is, and it's those pesky spam posts my friends and family post all the time, the annoying meme pictures or just any overposting of annoying pictures and vine videos.
(02-02-2014, 07:37 AM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Facebook peaked in 2010 and is going downhill since then. Maybe not in popularity but in user privacy certainly.
I kind of disagree with that. Yes Facebook has lost popularity, but I think it's stuck on a steady slope if anything. For example, the people you know, friends and family, do they each have a facebook? For me, my whole family has one, even my nieces and nephews who're 10, 13 and 14.

I kind of view Facebook like a cable network. People are going to jump off, and people are going to jump in, it'll continue on for years to come. Sadly. Sad
(02-04-2014, 07:41 AM)Derek Wrote: [ -> ]It's crazy to see 10 year olds with facebook. They are not old enough to know how to handle it. Most adults cant halde it.

You have to look at it like this, many of these 10 year olds, grew up with technology. My cousin who's 12 right now, has an ipad and can actually show me how to use the dang thing some times. I understand it's weird for a 10 year old to have his/her own Facebook, but times are changing.

Also, it reminds me of my nephew who's 3 years old and knows how to use an iPhone to play some games. It's crazy!
Definitely! I think that the ads have gone way to far. But let's be fair. The facebook is free and one of the main resources are the ads. So I wouldn't surpprise if they become even more often than they are now.