If the internet was controlled.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you go about your internet career if the internet was turned over to the government in your native country? Many countries already do this and many are considering it. Basically it could limit users usage, even block content from being seen.

How does this make you feel? Are you worried?
How would you go about your internet career if the internet was turned over to the government in your native country? Many countries already do this and many are considering it. Basically it could limit users usage, even block content from being seen.

How does this make you feel? Are you worried?
It would probably kill the internet big time. Many people who relied on the web, will lose their SEO work, freelance work wouldn't be done much anymore, sites will be regulated or controlled, etc. At least that's what I think will happen in the internet was controlled by a government or something.
It would probably kill the internet big time. Many people who relied on the web, will lose their SEO work, freelance work wouldn't be done much anymore, sites will be regulated or controlled, etc. At least that's what I think will happen in the internet was controlled by a government or something.
I'm not too sure on how much it'd be controlled, but if it were to happen, I'd be pretty upset no matter what. It'd be a pathetic thing to do to try and control the internet. It'd only ruin our chances to be honest. I never want to see that happen ever.
I'm not too sure on how much it'd be controlled, but if it were to happen, I'd be pretty upset no matter what. It'd be a pathetic thing to do to try and control the internet. It'd only ruin our chances to be honest. I never want to see that happen ever.
Germany recently allready suggested a new Internet that wasnt monitored by NSA and CIA etc. Edward Snowden also suggests to use encrypted communication everywhere on the net. Same reason.

http://www.ted.com/talks/edward_snowden_...e_internet
Germany recently allready suggested a new Internet that wasnt monitored by NSA and CIA etc. Edward Snowden also suggests to use encrypted communication everywhere on the net. Same reason.

http://www.ted.com/talks/edward_snowden_...e_internet
If it was controlled, I think the internet would fall to hard times. I think the internet will cease to be, almost no one will bother to use it. Then again that's how I would go about it. I would never use the web again because of that. But I imagine many will continue to use it and will of course, adapt to it somehow. I just hope it never happens.
If it was controlled, I think the internet would fall to hard times. I think the internet will cease to be, almost no one will bother to use it. Then again that's how I would go about it. I would never use the web again because of that. But I imagine many will continue to use it and will of course, adapt to it somehow. I just hope it never happens.