Contests/freebies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One thing I think gets users to engage within a site, is to offer up a fun contest and maybe even freebies. The contest would be for something fun, like a movie or video game, while the freebies may be stickers, post cards, etc.

Do you think this is a good way of marketing as well as increasing traffic to a site?
One thing I think gets users to engage within a site, is to offer up a fun contest and maybe even freebies. The contest would be for something fun, like a movie or video game, while the freebies may be stickers, post cards, etc.

Do you think this is a good way of marketing as well as increasing traffic to a site?
Yeah I completely agree that it can generate a lot of traffic doing this. I know a lot of new site owners set up contests to get some interest, sometimes they lied and said there was a contest, when they simply said someone else was the winner. So yeah not always legit.
Yeah I completely agree that it can generate a lot of traffic doing this. I know a lot of new site owners set up contests to get some interest, sometimes they lied and said there was a contest, when they simply said someone else was the winner. So yeah not always legit.